Challenge - Engage - Recognize
BeSpatial - Geospatial and Information Community
Provide networking opportunities, programs and services enhancing participants professional development.
Our community of individuals and organizations share and innovate in geospatial and information knowledge and expertise to achieve evidence based decision making.
Actions for 2020
- Broadcast the value of the association and participation:
- Networking & Mentoring
- Making a difference
- Making Friends
- Influencing others
- Making things happen – seeing things through from start to finish
- Develop a mentorship program to connect experienced professionals with others.
- Bring geospatial and information practitioners together with industry specialists to collaborate on solutions and take advantage of opportunities.
- Develop a committee to expand the reach of our community.
- Canvas the community to identify emerging challenges and opportunities (topics of interest).
- Establish collaborative associations with other relevant professional organizations, educational institutions, government and private industry to enhance our network, programs and services.
Advocacy Advocate with all relevant organizations on behalf of our members and their needs.
Membership Participation Facilitate active membership involvement in all aspects of the Association's operation.
Effectiveness Set and accomplish organizational goals, safeguard organizational assets and make efficient use of resources.
Leadership Plan and develop programs and initiatives which help to deal with issues important to members.
Partnerships Actively seek out partnerships with other professional organizations, not for profit organizations, community groups, educational institutions, government organizations and private businesses.
Sustainability Integrate legal, social, economic, business and fiscal perspectives in our actions.
For the Purposes of ....... Bridging the Gap
Creating a shared understanding of the concepts, issues, and technology of spatially related information management among persons in operations, management and policy making;
Promoting an effective interdisciplinary approach to implementing, maintaining, and utilizing spatially related data, information systems and technology;
Establishing the vehicle(s) for informing members of industry developments, and for the exchange of members' experiences and viewpoints;
Providing a focal point for the presentation and dissemination of members' concerns regarding industry standards and economic and legislative matters as they pertain to the use of spatially related information systems.