General Organization & Pheedloop
- The organization of presentations was great on Pheedloop, and I appreciated being able to filter presentations for specific days, topics, speakers, etc.
- For the MApps gallery, I thought providing the entries in a video was great. I would have loved to have links to active apps and maps as a supplement to this so I could view some additional details for each entry.
- I liked having the notifications for presentations and other sections of the event that were starting - it was definitely helpful when I was busy during the scavenger hunt!
- This was great, and it was very clear how to get gamification codes and redeem them. I liked having multiple options for getting gamification codes and how this encouraged interactions with the exhibitors!
- The only suggestion I would have here would be to have a notification through Pheedloop giving a 5 minute warning for when the prize draw was happening so everyone could get their final ballots in.
- Presentations were well-organized and it was great having the chat options for asking questions along with a moderator to collect questions.
- I'm not sure if this is just a Pheedloop setting - but I did notice in a few presentations, the presentation stopped broadcasting as soon as their time ended. As we had a little bit of time in between sessions, I would have loved to have the option to either continue viewing the broadcast or to disperse out to the exhibit booths. Alternately, a 5 minute warning for the presenter would work if there isn't an option to allow the broadcasts to go longer.
- I loved the private chat / video meet now options and really appreciated being able to start a chat with other attendees. I actually ended up reconnecting with someone I knew who was presenting, and it was much nicer to start our conversation with a quick chat than sending him an email separately. A few others also reached out through chat, and it was great being able to talk with them on Pheedloop itself rather than having to go to email or set up a separate call.
- The poll and quiz options were great and I especially liked the word clouds for quiz responses being generated in real time.
Thank you so much again for all of the work that went in to making this event fantastic. Many of the events I've attended over the last year have just been presentation after presentation, with very few options for engaging with presenters and connecting with other attendees. I thought Pheedloop really tied everything together and made it feel more like an in-person conference - even little touches like having a map view of the exhibitor booth with people icons at each booth made it feel special.
If there's anything here you want further clarification on, please reach out!
Katherine O'Hearn, 1st time BeSpatial volunteer