BeSpatial Ontario is seeking one or preferably two Northern Section representatives. This volunteer Board position(s) is responsible for promoting BeSpatial to potential new members and organizations within Northern Ontario, liaising and representing the organization to existing members, and developing content in the form of webinars or seminars that is relevant to the regional membership. The position and related activities should align with our strategic objectives of...
- Proactively encouraging individuals and organizations to participate and volunteer in the geospatial and information community
- Deliver networking opportunities, programs and services contributing to geospatial and information community growth, enhanced productivity and innovation.
- Engage community participation in actively sharing their geospatial and information knowledge and leadership.
- Advocate for standards that will influence the geospatial and information community.
- Recognize and reward excellence and innovation within the geospatial and information community.
Due to the size of the Northern Section in Ontario, it would be preferable to have the duties split between 2 co-leads, one based in the Eastern half and one based in northwestern Ontario. The position(s) will be supported by the BeSpatial Board of Directors. Other duties would also include assisting with the planning, organizing and staging of our annual AGM, attending monthly Board meetings to report on activities and issues within the Northern Section.If this volunteer position is of interest, please reach out to email@example.com